The Xcel Program is an alternative to the traditional Junior Olympic Program of USA Gymnastics. Xcel offers a broad-based, more affordable competitive experience.
What is the Xcel Program?
The Xcel Program is designed to offer a broad-based, affordable competitive experience outside the traditional Jr. Olympic Program to attract and retain a diverse group of athletes.
2019-2020 Xcel Team Bundle includes:
- Competition Leotard
- Warm Up Suit - Jacket and Matching Pants
- Meet entry fees
- Coaches Fees
2019/2020 Meet Schedule:
- Gemini In-House Meet - 12/7/19 at Gemini!
Judges have recently been assigned to our meet. This meet needs to be held in the afternoon once our regular classes have ended. Girls need to arrive to begin stretching promptly at 1:30pm. All levels, Bronze, Silver, Gold & Platinum will compete in the same session.
Parents, seating for this meet is VERY casual. We spread out a bunch of mats for you to sit on & be cozy with your neighbors...no chairs or bleachers.
While this is a casual seating environment, we ask that you remain in the seating area or watch the lobby monitors to view the meet to be respectful of the athletes & the judges. Your view at the other meets we attend will be much better, we promise!
- St Jude Benefit Meet - 1/10/20-1/12/20
Admission fee - $10/person? This is a guesstimate.
Parking fee - $15.00 for 24 hours, no in & out privileges
Plan your arrival early as the walk from the parking garage to the Meet venue takes some time- 20 minutes+
Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
9301 W. Byrn Mawr
- King Arthur Invitational - 1/24/20-1/26/20
Admission fees: $12 for Adults, $10 Children/Seniors
Programs - $3
70 Ken Hayes Drive
- Kinetic Classic - 2/21/20-2/23/20
Admission fee - unknown
Parking fee - unknown
Romeoville Athletics & Events Center (Edward Hospital Building)
55 Phelps Ave.
- Lucky Invite - 3/13/20-3/15/20
Admission Fee - unknown
Parking Fee - unknown
Waukegan Field House 800 Baldwin Ave.
Qualifying score is required as well as additional fee TBD
- 3/20/20-3/22/20 Silver & Gold held at Waukegan Field House,
800 Baldwin Ave. in Waukegan
- 3/27/20-3/29/20 Platinum (& Diamond, Level 9 & 10) held at Redbird Arena Illinois State University in Normal
- 4/17/20-4/19/20 Bronze (& Level 3) held at Adventure Commons in Bourbonnais
Regional Meets (if we attend):
Qualifying score achieved AT the State Meet is required as well as additional fee TBD. There is NO Regional Meet for Bronze.
- 5/1/20-5/3/20 Gold, Platinum & Diamond in MI
- 5/15/20-5/17/20 Silver & Level 6 in IL
Interested in Competing on GGA’s Xcel Team?
- Gemini Gymnastics Academy holds a TEAM PLACEMENT event for gymnasts aged 6 and older who have never been a part of the GGA Xcel Team.
- If you have experience as a part of a gymnastics team already and are interested in competing on the GGA Xcel team, contact Chris firstname.lastname@example.org or Carrie email@example.com