Gemini Gymnastics Academy Rules & Policies
At Gemini Gymnastics Academy (GGA), we are determined to provide all children with high quality gymnastics instruction. Their relationship with us will help them develop character as well as gymnastics skills. The success of Gemini Gymnastics Academy will be measured in the children whose lives we touch.
The following rules and policies have been put in place to ensure that every child gets the best experience while at Gemini Gymnastics Academy. Though they are written, there may be additional rules and policies that each child will be asked to follow within the context of class. In addition, these rules and polices may be amended from time to time and we will alert you of changes via email.
Enroll: Online - quickest; In person – we have a tablet for you to use and we can walk you through the process onsite. We are a year-round school with no long-term commitments. You may enroll anytime. Tuition is prorated in weekly increments based on your enrollment date. Class spots are filled on a first come, first served basis. We ask that you select a class that best fits your schedule so your child is not chronically missing their regular class to reschedule a class at another time. In the event your child needs to take a break from class, GGA cannot guarantee your previous class will have an opening upon your return to our program.
Late Fee: $10 late fee may be assessed for declined (expired, etc.) credit card payments. You will be notified via email and given 5 days to rectify declined payments before the late fee is assessed. If payment methods are not updated before the next rolling session, you risk losing your class spot
Returned Check Fee: In the event you pay by check and it is returned due to insufficient funds, your account will incur a $25 returned check fee.
Registration Fee: An annual registration fee of $35 per child is due at sign up and on their registration anniversary date.
Family/Multi-Class Discounts: When more than one immediate family member is enrolled during the same session, ONLY the most expensive tuition in your family pays full fare; 2nd child receives a 10% discount, 3rd students receives a 15% discount & 4th + students receives a 20% discount. A 20% discount will be taken when more than one class is taken per week by the same student. If your second + child is enrolled in multiple classes, the greatest discount amount will be taken.
Dress Code – Safety is our highest priority. GGA reserves the right to deny any student admission to class if they are not dressed per our Dress Code.
- Girls must wear a LEOTARD or BIKETARD for class. NO shorts, t-shirts, footed tights, crop tops, tank tops, or sweatshirts permitted in class. Snug fitting bike shorts worn over a leotard will be the only exception to the shorts rule.
- Girls must have their hair pulled back out of the face. Even short hairstyles need to be pulled back so the eyes are not obstructed. Beginning 6/12/17, if your daughter forgets a hair tie, we will gladly provide her with a new GGA hair tie. We do not want it back. We will charge your GGA account $2.00 for the purchase of a hair tie.
- NO jewelry is allowed with the exception of stud earrings.
- Boys must wear a snug fitting T-shirt and shorts or warm-up pants of APPROPRIATE LENGTH with an ELASTIC WAISTBAND. NO buttons, snaps or zippers permitted.
- Ninja Kids participants will receive a Ninja Kids T-shirt and wrist bands to be worn as a uniform for each class. Your account will be charged accordingly.
- Bare feet only, socks can be too slippery. Any skin condition that may be contagious, please cover the affected area until cleared.
- NO gum or candy is allowed in the gym.
Rescheduling Missed Classes: Just like college, your tuition pays for a class spot, REGARDLESS OF ATTENDANCE. However, as a courtesy, we can reschedule the missed class. If you know you will be absent, please contact us immediately to reschedule a class within the month that you have missed. If you miss class the last week of the month, you may reschedule class for the first week of the following month. Rescheduled classes must be made with the front desk via phone, email or in person. A class is considered rescheduled when you receive a confirmation call or email unless it is rescheduled in person. This ensures GGA’s low student/teacher ratio. If you cannot attend the rescheduled class, we kindly ask for 24 hours’ notice. Rescheduled classes missed without 24 hours’ notice will not be altered. In the event that there are no open classes during the month, GGA reserves the right to provide you with 2 Open Gym passes in place of a rescheduled class. GGA does not refund, prorate or credit tuition due to absences.
Move Up Procedure: Students that are Twinklers, Sparklers, and Super Stars remain in the same level class for the entirety of the school year. GGA follows USA Gymnastics’ guidelines and keeps students together according to age/grade level, just as schools do. Students in 1st grade and up move from level to level based on ability. When your child is proficient in the skills of their current level and ready to move up, you will be contacted directly by the front desk.
Refund Policy: NO REFUND OR CREDITS FOR DROPPED OR MISSED CLASSES. Gemini is committed to keeping class sizes small. Because of this commitment, a student enrolled in a class often prohibits other students from enrolling in that class. Therefore, once a month has started, no refunds will be given if a student withdraws from a class, with the exception of medical excuses. In such situations, we reserve the right to request a written acknowledgment from a licensed medical practitioner before granting a refund. In which case, an
Dates the gym will be closed: Labor Day (9/4), Halloween (10/31) for classes after 3pm, Thanksgiving Break (11/23-11/25), Winter Break ( 12/24-1/6) & Memorial Day (5/28).
Class Cancellations: Classes require a minimum enrollment of 4 students to run. Classes that do not reach our minimum enrollment are subject to cancellation. . Our website will also be updated to reflect any severe weather closures. You may reschedule a class, within 4 weeks of the cancelled class, at your convenience with the front desk via phone, email or in person. In the event that there are no open classes in the following 4 weeks, GGA reserves the right to provide you with 2 Open Gym passes in place of a rescheduled class. GGA does not refund, prorate or credit tuition due to absences/cancellations.
Open Gyms: Open Gyms are CASH ONLY. We offer two types of Open Gyms.
Preschool Open Gyms are held Monday-Friday from 11:10am-12:10pm during the school year. The cost for Preschool Open Gym is $5/child walking and older. Parents are required to accompany their child(ren) in kindergarten (6 years of age) and younger throughout the gym. Non-Members MUST have a waiver signed by their own parent/legal guardian to participate.
Friday Night Open Gyms are held on most Fridays from 7:00-8:30pm during the school year. The cost for Friday Night Open Gym is $7 for Members and $10 for Non-Members. Non-Members MUST have a waiver signed by their own parent/legal guardian to participate. Parents are required to accompany their child(ren) in kindergarten (6 years of age) and younger throughout the gym.
Open Gym Rules
- Have FUN!
- Gym clothing is required. No jeans, khakis, belts, pants with buttons or other street clothes will be permitted.
- When going across the gym, look both ways like you are crossing the street so you don’t get in anyone’s way & walk to where you are going.
- One person on the Tumble Track trampoline at a time.
- Respect our equipment. No drawing on any equipment, carpets or walls with chalk.
- No wrestling, fighting or foul language.
- No horseplay, running into or slamming yourself into the mats against the walls.
- No electronic devices or cell phones allowed in the gym.
- Treat the teachers supervising and all participants with respect.
- Clean up when asked by the teachers.
Failure to follow the rules will result in the teachers having participants sit out, contacting parents or being asked to leave. There will be no refunds for inappropriate behavior. We EXPECT good behavior to keep everyone safe & so everyone has FUN!
Email Communication: GGA sends invoices, updates, confirmations and news to our families via email. We do not share your email address with others or send solicitations other than official GGA business and news. It is your responsibility to keep email addresses updated. This can be done through the Parent Portal or by calling the front desk